La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
June 28, 2014, San Diego, California, USA
A Celebration of life
A review with photography, stories & commentary
BOOKS 1 & 2
INTRODUCTION FROM BOOK
On June 28, 2014, my cousins put together the "life celebration" for their dear mother Helena. They did this at the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club in La Jolla, California. It was beautiful. The location was beautiful. It was specially nice for me, because I remember this place which I visited as a child. My aunt Helena had a beautiful house in La Jolla. I seem to recall it had ocean views. And she had wonderful taste in decor. I always marveled at it.
But what impressed me most from my visits to her home, was how much she loved and cared for her children. When we came down to visit, they often invited us to spend time at the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club of which they were members. And this was a blast. Swimming in the pool, eating burgers and just plain spending time with the cousins.
And now that I think about it, I can't think of a more fitting place to celebrate Helena's life. Everyone's childhood has difficult moments. But I know and I am so happy Helena had this wonderful place, the club, to go to herself and to bring her children, so they could have a wonderful time of beach fun and play. A respite from the drudgery of everyday life perhaps, I can only imagine how many times my cousins spent there playing, laughing, eating... And I am sure they have endless stories they could tell about it.
So it was here that her children chose to bring us together to remember the life of a beautiful wonderful woman and mother, HELENA!
Dear Helena, Here is thinking of you. Your memory will live with us as long as we are breathing. God bless you and God bless your children.
And as for the club, well, it is an older club with the full flavor of fun heavily weighing upon its walls. I loved it. And the club is so San Diego, with its Spanish style structure and decor. I loved that too. The pool, so often filled with children and families enjoying themselves screams enjoyment. Also, I still remember their burgers and I've heard others comment how delicious they still are. But most impressive is the beach, the waves, the water and the views. I truly believe, that for the right occasion, this can truly be the perfect place for a gathering. Grace Divine
COVER BOOK 1
COVER BOOK 2
IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER LEGAL NOTE:
This FREE REVIEW BOOK & PHOTOS is being given away and constitutes a review of my personal experience and it's solely comprised of my personal opinions, ideas and artistic endeavour. It commemorates my personal experience at multiple levels including but not limited to:
1. As a member of the public, this review commemorates my personal experience as against claims made by any party. As such this book and photos comprise a freedom of expression exercise and constitute news reporting of importance to the public. And as such, this review may be compared to an untold number of other reviews gives by other parties some of which include photographs of their experience.;
2. As an artist, this book and photographs comprise my desire to journal my life experiences. I consider the books in this series as pages of my diary. I believe I have a right to personal expression, as this is identified, and to communicate that to others who might be interested.;
3. As an intuitive artist believer in God's creative energy, and everything that entails, my work also constitutes a freedom of religious expression as I am trying to understand the nature of God. I believe God exists in the light! And I use my writing and photography in this quest for purposes of understanding and capturing these images of God as messages. I am trying to use the camera to capture images that human beings can't see with the naked eye. And I believe that some of these images relate to the existence of other dimensional energies, including intelligent and/or conscious energy, some of which is certainly spiritual energies of a divine nature. I believe that these energies are mostly not picked up by the human eye, but that they may be picked up by the camera. I also use the camera to verify my personal sensitivities to these energies. And for these reasons, the camera is necessary.
-Also, about the creation of these creative artistic photoshopped images, it is my quest, as an artist, to teach myself to see the world beyond a 1% of the electro-magnetic light spectrum visible to the human eye. Or at least, to be able to imagine it. These images reflect that. The photoshopped images are so changed from the original image that they have been intentionally transformed to reflect my feelings, my emotions, my experience... The original subject of the photography therefore becomes secondary to my experience and what I wish to communicate the public in order to educate them about my ideas. And please, keep in mind that the transformation of the images goes further as it involves the entire process, the learning of claims, the process of choice of locations, the series of books, the writings, the memories as they impact the photography, the photoshopping process, etc... The entire process in whole and in part converts each image into a communication from my mind, my personal experience, to the mind of the viewer and the public at large.;
4. As an artist, I am also trying to capture time. And I am trying to capture time as against different settings in a panoply of MY PERSONAL LIFE EXPERIENCES. I go to places that interest me or attract me. Places are that unique. I go there because I feel compelled to go there and because I believe there are special kinds of energy there based on the nature of the organization and claims that were made about it. And basically, this review book is about MY LIFE and is part of a series. And as it regards time in my photography, I believe that time is not just a measure of the passing clock, but that it is a form of consciousness. As an artist, I am curious about it. And I wish to understand it and I express that in my art. There is much more to this...;
5. This work is for purposes of education, review, criticism, commentary, informing the public, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, research, speech expressions, religious expressions and the like. All images and writings here are made with the utmost respect for all. This book does NOT intend to infringe on anyone's copyrights, trademarks or other and as such, it intents to abide by all laws and to protect everyone's rights.
6. Also, this work represents an exercise of FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM OF RELIGION, and other including freedom of the press under the US Constitution, 1st Amendment and other civil and human rights.
7. As such, this work expresses solely my personal opinions, artistic work, spiritual and religious beliefs, etc. Nothing herein about others is stated as fact or intended as such.
8. In addition, the artist is not in any way associated to & was not hired by any party mentioned or pictured herein.
9. About the images, everything was photographed from public places or spaces made available to the public where photography was allowed. Please note, great care has been taken to blurr or remove names, symbols, etc, which may be potentially copyrighted or trademarked. We have done this to protect others. Unfortunately, the potential for copyright and trademark ownership is ominous. Should there be a mistake by the inclusion of something which is copyrighted or trademarked WE WILL REMOVE IT. Please inform us. Please write to us with the page and book in question. PLEASE PUT YOUR REQUEST IN WRITING AND MAIL IT TO: Grace Divine, P.O. Box 9455, Newport Beach, California, 92658.
10. Also, should anyone feel their rights are being violated in any way whatsover, please write to us at the same address: Grace Divine, P.O. Box 9455, Newport Beach, California, 92658. Our primary aim is to protect yours and ours CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS! Should anything infringe on anyone's rights, we will remove it. 11. Please note that nothing in this publication is meant to be construed as professional advice of any kind including legal, medical or otherwise.
12. In addition, the books and art photography in this series are being offered for FREE. Careful steps have been taken not to commercialize these. I, the artist, am merely trying to express myself, commemorate my life in the ways delineated and others and to provide a useful review to the public of my personal experience.
13. There is much more about my art and writing and the constitutional rights I am exercises by doing this.
14. Lastly, I am tremendously grateful to the many organizations that have allowed me access to enter and to photograph and to review! For any questions, please contact us. Thank you.